, a Beech Travelair with 3 people on board, was on approach to Runway 36 at Winnipeg after a local VFR training flight when the pilot reported smoke in the cockpit. CFR responded as C-GQQC
landed safely and taxied to the apron on its own. One other a/c was slightly delayed on departure during the incident. Company maintenance discovered that the gear motor had burned up when gear down was selected, causing some smoke to enter the cockpit. This gear motor had been installed about a month ago. OPI - Maintenance and Manufacturing UPDATE M. & M. reported that company maintenance discovered one overheated winding in the gear motor,which caused the smoke. The motor was replaced (it had 50 hours since overhaul) and, as a precaution, the gear actuator was also replaced. An SDR will be submitted to Transport Canada.